Busch Gardens Tampa Bay celebrates the return of Christmas Town, the longest holiday celebration in Tampa. From Nov. 14, 2022 – Jan. 9, 2023, guests can experience millions of lights, new entertainment, seasonal culinary treats, and the park’s award-winning attractions.
By Sarah Gilliland
Several new shows and experiences are debuting in this year’s version of Busch Gardens Christmas Town:
• “Holiday in the Sky” will be a display of holiday fireworks in addition to a water fountain show that is all themed to classic holiday tunes.
• At the Serengeti Overlook building, visitors will be able to view a musical light projection show. The show will run daily every 15 minutes beginning at 6 p.m.
• Christmas carols and Irish dancing will entertain guests at the Stanleyville Theater. “Christmas with the Celts” will be performed on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from Dec. 16 – Dec. 25.
• An original area called “Land of the Sweets” will feature a Sugar Plum ballerina stilt walker and her Cavalier soldier.
• Guests will find a new, 32-foot-tall Christmas tree in Jungala.
• “Three King’s Journey,” a musical tale of the three wise men’s journey to Bethlehem can be found at the Dragonfire Grille from Nov. 18-Jan. 8.
Guests can also enjoy returning favorite experiences such as “Christmas on Ice,” Santa’s North Pole Experience, “Elmo’s Christmas Wish,” and the Holly Jolly Express train ride.
In addition to the new entertainment, visitors will be able to sample new food and drink during their 2022 visit. Busch Gardens Tampa Bay will offer a “Christmas Town Sampler Lanyard” starting at $40 that is redeemable at many locations throughout the park. These samplers will be offered in 5-item sample and 10-item sample increments. For annual pass members, an exclusive 12-item sampler lanyard will be available for the price of a 10-item sampler lanyard.
Visitors who purchase an annual pass receive unlimited visits to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay for 1 year, and they will be able to view a sneak preview of Christmas Town on Nov. 13, 2022.
For more detail and tickets, visit buschgardens.com/tampa.