Rex Eighmey, Pavilion Central Schools, director of facilities.
Photo by Howard Owens.
Rex Eighmey, the director of facilities for the Pavilion Central School District, gave the Board of Education on Monday a complete rundown of all the work his staff is performing during the summer months.
It’s more than just keeping the lawns mowed and the floors buffed — which board members praised as always extra shiny — it’s repairs and upgrades, among other items.
A few of the items he mentioned:
- Clean all furniture, windows, floors, ceilings;
- Perform maintenance on the HVAC system;
- Unpack and assemble new furniture that comes in and place in the appropriate rooms;
- Retrofit some of the high-pressure sodium lights outside with LEDs;
- Clean and repair concession stands at sports fields;
- Maintain and repair sports fields;
- Repair baseball and softball dugouts;
- Replace some whiteboards and blackboards in classrooms; and,
- Replace condensation pumps in the cafeteria.
Among several other items that have kept work crews busy all summer.