Bundaberg Police have observed a recent increase in storage shed break ins in the local area and are urging both businesses as well as those who utilise these facilities, to follow security recommendations.
It is recommended that storage shed companies review their current business security measures and identify potential security risks to help reduce the risk of break ins and theft.
Good business security can be achieved by following these key principles:
- Make it easy for an offender to be seen.
- Make it difficult for an offender to gain entry.
- Make it difficult for an offender to exit with your property.
- Make it difficult for an offender to gain benefit from your property.
To reduce the risk of break ins at storage sheds consider the following tips:
- Install security systems such as CCTV cameras, alarms and sensor lighting.
- Ensure external doors and roller doors are fitted with adequate locks.
- Install large fencing around the perimeter of the business.
- Limit access to the business property to only clients by using keypads etc.
For more information regarding business security see the Queensland Police Business Security Guide.