Making a natural gardening pesticide is a great way to keep your garden free of pests without using any harsh chemicals. This DIY pesticide is not only safe for pets, but it is free of chemicals, and non-toxic, making it a great choice for those looking for an eco-friendly solution.
@kia_urbangardener Thanks to @garden_to_table_ for this amazing gardening hack. This one will save our plants from pests naturally! #gardeninghacks #gardenhack #gardeningtips #gardeningTikTok #gardeninghacks101 #tikToktaughtme #naturalpesticide #homemadepesticide #pestsinthegarden #gardening #growyourownfood ♬ She Share Story (for Vlog) – 山口夕依
To make this natural pesticide, you will need to mix a 1/2 teaspoon of bi-carb soda, one teaspoon of oil, a 1/2 teaspoon of dishwasher liquid, and 500 mL of water. Mix the ingredients in a large container and stir until they are fully combined. Once the mixture is ready, you can use it to spray your plants and garden beds.
Bi-carb soda is a natural fungicide and insecticide, and it helps to kill off pests and prevent them from coming back. The oil helps to smother the pests, while the dishwasher liquid helps to break down the oils and make them easier to wash away. The water helps to dilute the mixture and makes it easier to apply.
With regular use, you can keep your garden free of pests without having to resort to harsh chemicals.
Click here to Support Us
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!